1. Remember that something designed and sold as a bed could really not be that uncomfortable.
2. Consider that much of humanity lived in an era where they slept on the ground. They nevertheless survived. (Though maybe that's why cavemen were so grumpy.)
3. Remember that Flexsteels do not turn people into ultimate evil: Hitler is not known to have ever slept on a Flexsteel.
4. Understand that even if the steel lateral bar across your mid-back does not "flex" to conform to your spine, your spine is bound to develop changes that will conform to the steel bar.
5. Never forget that if you do not sleep for a day or two, the human body will eventually simply shut down: even the Flexsteel can't deny sleep forever.
6. Millions of Flexsteels have been made and millions of purchasers could not really be all that wrong.
7. It may be a Flexsteel, but it's YOUR FLEXSTEEL.
8. The worst things in life are complicated people and the Flexsteel is inanimate and neither a person nor complicated.
9. Life is best if one lives in a wealthy country and there are very few Flexsteels in the poorest countries.
10. Sleeping on a Flexsteel is more fun than waterboarding.